Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Time warp at The Tav


Anyone who's ever been to "The Tav" will immediately recognize the carved brick wall and tables


I have been a student at 5 colleges in my life.  2 Community Colleges, 2 Universities and one Technical College.  One of the Universities I attended was Central Washington University.  I chose CWU because of their Bachelor's of Science in Aviation program and their relative close proximity to home.  I just got out of the Navy and was determined to become a professional pilot.  I ultimately left CWU and attended Emery Aviation College to complete my aviation degree but that's another story.


During my time @ CWU, I occasionally found myself down at "The Tav".  This was a popular hang out for the college students and was remembered mostly (by me anyway) for the large brick walls and wooden tables that are carved with hundreds of names. 


Recently my Dad, my brother (a CWU Alum) and I were driving back home from a motorcycle ride in eastern Washington and stopped in Ellensburg for a bite to eat.  We found ourselves at "The Tav" and my brother and I were a bit surprised to see it still around after all these years.  Many of the other establishments that we had frequented were no longer around, but "The Tav" remains.  


We had a good burger and a beer and headed home.  Not sure when the next time I'll be in Ellensburg will be but my guess is that The Tav will still be there.




Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment