Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Look Ma, No Booze!


Discovery Kartika Resort, Bali

One of the concerns I had starting this project was that it may make me appear to be a raging alcoholic.  While definitions of the word "alcoholic" may vary, I'm certain that I'm not.  But to help illustrate that the point of this hobby of mine is not as much about the contents of my glass, but more about when, where and why the photos are taken, I submit the photo above.  Of course I have no way to prove this, but the glass in the photo above contained a lemon-lime soda of some sort.  It contained no mind-altering spirits of any kind.  The surrounding scenery, however, was mind-altering.  It was a very relaxing and stress-free place to just dip your toes in the water and think about the important things in life.  I spent quite a few 24 hour layovers in Bali at the Kartika Resort and I always left there in a better state of mind than when I arrived.


Pro!

No comments:

Post a Comment