Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My Inner "Red Neck"


Enjoying a Yuengling at Maple Grove

One of my interests include NHRA Professional Drag Racing.  As much as I'd love to actually race a nitro burning race car, I'll have to settle for watching them from the stands, unless something weird happens and I get an offer to drive one... not likely.  The above shot is from Maple Grove  Raceway in Mohnton, Pennsylvania, (near Reading).  The "DHL" funny car on the track heating up it's tires is one of the Kalitta Motorsports cars driven by Jeff Arend.  The owner of Kalitta Motorports, Conrad Kalitta is  also my boss at Kalitta Air so you know I typically am rooting for all the Kalitta cars to do well.  I do have a friend "in the racing biz" so I also like to cheer on their team as well.  He even has a well-established blog that you ought to check out if you're at all interested in the drag racing world, or just like to enjoy some good writing.

The beer selections at racetracks around the country are generally not very good, in my opinion, and you may have to take out a second mortgage to be able to afford said brews but that is just part of the track experience I guess.  Even being an on again, off again "beer snob" from the Pacific NW, I have to say that I do enjoy a Yuengling whenever I'm on the east coast and the Lager I sampled at Maple Grove did hit the spot.


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment