Tuesday, January 10, 2012

It's not Pharaoh...


In my room at the Cairo Intercontinental

...that I didn't get to see the pyramids.


One of the trips I was on in the last couple years had me flying from Tashkent, Uzbekistan to Cairo, Egypt and back.  The layover we had was quite short and consequently there wasn't time to see any of the unique sights that Egypt has to offer, specifically the pyramids.  I did get a good view of the Nile river as we were on the arrival into the airport but aside from that, it was just a dirty, polluted city with armed men on most of the street corners.  I do think it'd be fun to explore some of the more interesting places of Egypt but having seen what little I did see, I'm not really going to be too heartbroken if I never return.  If I do find myself there again someday, I'll definitely make an effort to see the pyramids and the other touristy places that it has to offer.


Fe Sahetek!

1 comment:

  1. I spent a couple weeks in Cairo a few years back. Your assessment matches my experiences. The pyramids were cool, but overrun with hawkers and people trying to tell you that they were "park rangers" and you needed to buy tickets from them.

    ReplyDelete