Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Making Do


At the "Epi-Center" in Klamath Falls, OR

Not always do I travel to exotic locales.  In fact, many of the photos I've taken were in locations that had little to offer in terms of entertainment or scenery.  Klamath Falls, Oregon is one of these places.  Oh, it has it's good attributes, especially if you like fishing and other outdoor activities.  I do enjoy those things but my visits to K-Falls have generally been too short to partake in them.  (There was a time when I spent many days each month in Klamath Falls when I worked at my first airline job... but that's another story.)  The backwoods, "Walmart" mentality of most of the residents of K-Falls just makes it hard for me to enjoy visiting there.  So when I found myself there a year ago on a short-ish layover, I walked from the hotel to the bowling alley next door.  It's your typical bowling alley and I enjoy rolling a few down the lane once in awhile.  On the evening of the above photo, my scores ranged from 107 to 186 over 6 games but the best part of the evening was getting this cool shot of the lane when they turned the lights down low and gave the pins a prominent, defiant glow.  Of course I knocked 'em all down shortly after this shot was taken.


Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. born in k-falls, moved at age 5 away. came back at age 19. went to OIT there and then left and never went back!! tons of family there still.

    it is good for outdoors and thats it.

    family has a couple planes there at kingsley field.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What kind of airplanes does your family have, Rowdy?

      Delete