Saturday, January 21, 2012

Tiger Boys


Nothing like 12 year old Scotch in a plastic Solo cup just a couple hours before the "Star Party"

In September 2011 I had an opportunity to attend the annual "fly-in" put on by the "Tiger Boys" in Guelph, Ontario.  This event is a gathering of nearly 100 antique aircraft and the people who enjoy them.  I spent the day walking around the airport admiring and photographing some fantastic old airplanes.  There were airplane rides available for a nominal fee.  While I did not partake in the airplane rides, I did accept the invitation to stay until after dark and enjoy the "Star Party".  This was where our host, Glenn, gave the dozen or so people who were there a bit of an education on the star-filled, night sky.  The entire day and evening was a terrific experience where I met some friends for the first time in person and made some new ones as well.


A pair of Tiger Moths patiently waiting

Cheers, Eh!

No comments:

Post a Comment